Since re-opening June 12th the entire team at Urban Athlete has been working hard to ensure a safe and clean environment. Everything is sanitized on a regular basis: door handles, counters, floors, washrooms, gym equipment, etc. We only allow 13 people on the gym floor and classroom in one time slot, and 10 people on the gym floor while a class is going on.
All visits to the gym must be booked in advance. Members can call in the day before 403-244-1445 to book their 1.5 hour open gym time slot and book their next workout with the front desk as they leave. Drop-ins can call in the day of to book an open gym time slot. You can also book online:
If you are working out with a trainer you do not need to make this call as your trainer has reserved your spot.
If you are joining us for an in-person class, we suggest that you reserve your spot early as there are a limited number of spots available.
Please keep an eye on the class schedule as we are slowly adding in more in-person classes. We will have a hybrid schedule of in-person and virtual to ensure we provide options for everyone’s comfort.
Important changes: The late cancellation window will now be moved up to 5 hours from 2 hours and we will charge a $5 cancellation fee for in-person no-shows. Because class sizes will be limited we want to encourage members to book into classes that they know they will be able to attend.
These guidlines have been adapted from Alberta Health
Please answer the COVID-19 self-screening questions prior to entering the facility. Any member that is exhibiting any symptoms cannot enter the facility.
- A two-meter distance must be kept from each other, unless you are from the same household.
- Please limit your time spent in the facility by wearing your workout clothes into the gym and limiting your use of the change room.
- Please limit the use of cologne and perfume as strong scents can encourage sneezing and coughing.
- Please wait in your car or outside prior to your appointment or your class time. Do not arrive more than 5-10 minutes early.
- It is NOT recommended to wear a mask while engaging in high intensity activity. Masks and face shields cannot be assured to stay in place. There is some evidence to suggest that wearing a mask during high intensity activities could have negative health effects.
- Please use hand sanitizer on entrance to the gym, we encourage you to bring your own.
- Bring your own equipment to the facility where possible, such as your own yoga mat.
- Equipment must be cleaned both prior and after use.
- Members should refrain from touching their eyes, nose, mouth, and face while participating.
- Members should exhibit good respiratory etiquette (i.e. sneezing or coughing into the crook of the elbow).
- Members should not sing along to the music or shout in the studio.
- Alberta Health has advised us to remove unnecessary communal items & self-serve items such as magazines, hair dryers, and cotton swabs.
- Maintain physical distancing when returning to vehicles or homes.