Would somebody mind telling me where the entire year of 2019 has gone? December has snuck up on us and with it, the holiday season is here. The time has come for fun winter activities, family gatherings, and of course, Christmas cookies! While baking is acceptable all-year round, December is definitely the month of, “one more won’t hurt, life is about balance, right?”
Follow along for a simple, 5-ingredient recipe that anyone can enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup of natural peanut butter
½ cup of honey
¾ cup of oat flour
½ teaspoon of baking soda
And a few easy steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter, honey and eggs. Beat in the oat flour and baking soda.
- Scoop the dough into tablespoon-sized scoops and form into balls. Place on a baking sheet and gently flatten. Use a fork to make a cross hatch pattern on the top.
- Bake on the center rack for 8 – 10 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool on the pan for at least 15 minutes. This allows the cookies to “set”. Slightly reheat in the microwave if desired and enjoy!
Does it get any better than that? Maybe grabbing a loved one and getting cozy by the fire with a hot drink and these cookies but otherwise, I don’t think so! Feel free to snap a photo of your creation to share with us (ig @urbanathletecalgary) or send any recipe recommendations our way! Happy baking 😊